In this recipe, learn how to make homemade fresh tomato paste.For this recipe a food mill is needed, but if you do not have that then just use a strainer. If a strainer is being used, then make sure to use a spoon or hands to extract all the juices from the tomatoes properly.
- 4.5 kg tomato
- 3 to 4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the tomato into either halfs or quarters.
- Core the tomatoes.
- Dice the left over the peel part of the tomatoes.
- Fill a pot with the tomatoes with the heat on medium.
- Let the tomatoes simmer.
- Run the tomatoes through a food mill/ strainer.
- Throw away the skins and the seeds.
- Mix salt and the lemon juice into the pulp.
- Pour the pulp into a pot on high heat.
- Let the paste boil for 3 to 4 hours, till all the water has evaporated.
- Every 30 minutes mix the paste while the water is still evaporating.
The paste can be frozen and kept in the fridge, when it is needed to be used, then take it out and melt in a pan.
Hope you enjoy making it.
Sites referred to: